Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say this to the mountain, “Move from here to there. And it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”
Spring is here! Summer is around the corner so it’s seed time! Start sprouting those seeds for summer fruit and veggie abundance! Old standbys are good but try a new variety… we found we enjoyed fairytale eggplants! Yes that’s the name. A tasty variety… happy sprouting!
Seed ideas for meals
- Roasted pumpkin seeds (yummy to munch on or place in a salad)
- Many Seeds are yummy on salads or in smoothies
14 cups rolled oats
¾ cup raw sunflower seeds
3 cups raw or roasted chopped nuts
4 cups fresh wheat germ (not toasted)
3 cups grated fresh coconut
¾ cup sesame seeds
2 cups brown sugar
1 ½ cups cold water
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 ½ cups vegetable oil
1 ½ teaspoons salt
Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Mix first 7 ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients. Combine both mixtures, stirring thoroughly. Add more water if necessary. Bake 45 – 60 minutes, stirring as needed. Don’t brown too much. Serve with yogurt, milk, or soy milk. Makes 20 – 25 servings.
Seed Fun for Kids
Books for children
- The Tiny Seed by Eric Carle
- Ten Seeds by Ruth Brown
- Sprinkle carrot seeds on a moist sponge and watch them sprout.
- Plant a pumpkin, squash or zucchini seed in a cup w soil. It will soon grow. Plant in your garden for the veggies to grow.
- Cut a potato in half. Place toothpicks in either side to support over a cup with a bit of water. It will grow roots to replant.
- Plant various flower seeds in your garden. Wildflowers are fun!