Dear people of Trinity
On March 12, Bishop Singh Prince made the decision that we are to suspend worship in person in our churches and move all our meetings, services and gatherings online until further notice.
This is to protect our communities, but especially to keep those who are most vulnerable amongst us safe. This has to be always our first priority.
So what does this mean:
- The church will be closed until further notice. Lisa, our secretary and office manager, will be working from home and only coming in to do essential services.
- All meetings and gatherings of groups at church are cancelled.
- From this Sunday we will be worshiping together at our normal 9am and 10:30 times but “online.” You will be able to access the service via the internet or phone. Please click here for more information.
- I will be preaching throughout lent, and Keisha Stokes and I are designing a special service for you all.
- If you are able to, please consider joining Facebook and linking up with our Trinity Episcopal Church Facebook group. I will be posting regular uplifting spiritual teachings, as well as updates on what our own people need or are facing. This will be a fabulous way to stay connected.
- I will be phoning each of you once a week to check in, to make sure you are ok, to see if you have any needs. If anyone needs anything over these next few weeks, we will make sure we can assist you. No one at Trinity is to feel alone, because we love you!
- Bible study will continue with Keisha Stokes, but again led online.
- For offerings and planned giving, please see our giving page.
- There will be no more home Eucharists until further notice.
Bishop Singh’s statement is available here.
With much love,
Revd. Deborah Duguid-May