Join us at Trinity this Advent and Christmas as we prepare and welcome the birth of Jesus Christ.
Advent and Christmas 2020 ONLINE
I never imagined we would be facing Advent and Christmas online, without being able to gather with each other and those we love. It is hard. I myself have cried more tears than you would believe, as I am sure you have. However, the message of Advent is that light is born into darkness, that Jesus the child of hope is born to a people in despair. Maybe we need this message of Advent and Christmas more than ever!!! And I know we need each other and our faith community at this time.
So, I have tried my best to make this a great Christmas and Advent for us. Please participate with us, because we need you, we need your love, and we need your beautiful face to be with us. For we strengthen each other! Our Sunday services will continue at 9:00 am and 10:30 am by zoom for the foreseeable future.
Each Friday at 6:00 pm beginning on the 27th November we will be having an Advent Zoom. These will be structured to engage children and adults alike and highly interactive. Please bring your children or grandchildren onto these zoom times as we teach about advent and explore activities and crafts together.
This is the login information for each Advent Friday zoom:
Meeting ID: 881 8386 3818, Passcode: 253290 Dial in: +1 646 876 9923
- November 27th at 6:00 pm: We will be making beautiful advent wreaths together and setting up our Advent/Christmas altars for worship.
Please make sure before this evening you have purchased: 3 purple, 1 pink and 1 white candle, a Styrofoam wreath, Greenery to push into the wreath, cranberries, small oranges, poinsettia flowers etc. Whatever you would like to decorate your advent wreath with, possibly a Hot glue gun.
Also please find an altar space again in your house and find some purple fabric to place on the altar.
- December 4th at 6:00 pm: We will have a car angel trail, which we ask you to promote amongst all your friends and family. 10 figurine angels with lights have been placed on the grounds of ten places angels are found in our community. We will start on zoom by registering each car participating. We will then drive following clues to find these 10 angels and take photos of ourselves with these angels. We will then get back onto zoom when we have finished, upload all your photos onto Trinity Episcopal Church facebook page and the winning car group will win a prize, as well as a prize for the funniest photo posted. All monies raised by car registrations will go towards the Penny Schumacher Migrant Memorial Fund to help migrant children and families. Register your car here.
- Dec 11th at 6pm: We will be sharing on zoom with each other our creches and the stories behind them: ours and theirs.
- Dec 18th at 6pm: We will be listening to a story called A little blue bottle and sharing some of our grief at this time. Please purchase a beautiful blue bottle to place on your home altar which we will end with a blue bottle ritual.
Christmas Eve Services December 24th, 2020
- 6:30 pm Pageant: This will be an online pageant with adults and children acting. Please zoom in dressed up as a character from those times.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 820 2091 4714, Passcode: 139362
Dial by your location +1 646 876 9923
- 10:00 pm Candlelight Christmas service: Please zoom in with candles to light as we sing together and welcome the Christ Child into our world.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 884 9941 5558, Passcode: 290067
Dial by your location +1 301 715 8592