Please join us as we celebrate Lent at Trinity and in our community.
Tuesday February, 21st
- 6pm – Shrove Tuesday Pancake evening
Come and enjoy an evening of pancakes, laughter, games and races as we celebrate the night before Lent begins. Please bring a donation to cover the cost of supper, and please bring family and friends to join in!
Wednesday February, 22nd – Ash Wednesday
- 10am – 12pm – Burning of the palms spiritual retreat
Come and join us as together we make the ashes for Ash Wednesday and talk and pray through the spiritual experience of this process.
- 12pm – Ash Wednesday noon time service in person and on Zoom.
To connect to Zoom, go to https://trinity-greeceny.org/go/AshWednesday12
- 2-4pm – Time for scheduled confessions.
Confession enables us to verbalize the things we often never name, but cause us pain and inner struggle. It also enables us to hear our forgiveness named, and to find a way forward. Sign up sheets for confession will be available in the narthex. If you wish you may also email Revd. Debs privately for a time.
- 6pm – Ash Wednesday evening service in person and on Zoom.
To connect to Zoom, go to https://trinity-greeceny.org/go/AshWednesday6
Wednesday Bible Studies during Lent, beginning on March 1st at 6pm.
- Come and join us for bible study each Wednesday at Trinity. Revd. Debs will be teaching and no knowledge of the bible is needed. You will not be asked to speak unless you wish to, so please don’t feel afraid to come. We will begin at 6pm with a bring and share supper and bible study will start at 6:30pm. Zoom is available for the Bible study portion of the evening.
To connect to Zoom, go to https://trinity-greeceny.org/go/BibleZoom
Friday Lenten Worship
- Ecumenical Worship at Greece area churches. Soup and bread dinner at 6:30pm. Prayer service at 7:00pm.
- March 3 @ Messiah Lutheran led by Rev. Gary Kubitz
- March 10 @ Greece Baptist led by Rev. Alan Dailey
- March 17 @ John Knox led by Rev. Stev Gretz and Rev. Cheryl Frank
- March 24 @ Trinity Episcopal led by Rev. Aileen Robbins
- March 31 @ Greece United Methodist led by Rev. Debs Duguid-May
What are Lenten Friends? It’s simple!
- Fill out a slip of paper with your name and contact info.
- On the Sunday after Ash Wednesday, pick a name out of the basket
- Pray for that person each day during Lent
- Some send cards and friendly greetings. You remain anonymous throughout Lent
- On Easter Sunday you reveal yourself to your Lenten Friend. Some like to bring a little gift.
That is it. It will be a great way to make a special connection to someone here at Trinity. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Pam Fitzmorris or the Trinity office.